• 7.30 pm onwards - when you arrive: please sign in at the desk, and if you’re a beginner, you’ll be given a small stick-on badge to wear, so people can help you with your moves. Look out for ‘Taxi Dancers’ - ladies and gentlemen in black tops with MJC on them - they’re here specially to help beginners. If you don’t know anyone when you arrive, committee members and Taxi Dancers are always around to talk to; or simply take a seat and chat to the person nearest you – everyone’s really friendly!
• 7.50 pm – Beginners Lesson by an experienced, qualified instructor: this is a relaxed session that gets you warmed up by showing you three or four basic moves. The session is led from the stage by two experienced instructors, and you’ll have the chance to learn each move in detail, whilst circulating and socialising with fellow dancers.
• 8.15 pm to 9.00 pm - Freestyle Dancing: for beginners and intermediates alike, this session allows you to practice basic moves, work on advanced steps - or simply dance and enjoy yourself!
• 9.00 pm to 9.30 pm - Intermediate Lesson:
- for beginners, you can join others of similar ability in a separate room away from the main dance floor, where an instructor will go through the same moves that you were taught in the first session. Don’t worry if you’re a little confused at first – just give yourself a few weeks to learn some basic steps and feel your way into the moves and music – you’ll be surprised how quickly you pick it up!
- for intermediates, there’s a lesson that teaches more advanced moves.
• 9.30 pm - Freestyle Dancing: take to the floor and enjoy practising all your jive moves!
• 10.30 pm - Cool Down, chill out, relax and chat.
Click here for the Simple Club protocol